CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Kick Ass Of the Day: Builder Destorys Porch Over Bounced Check

Now That is Freakin' Awesome!! The Bitch is at the bottom of the article..Enjoy





Builder destroys porch over debt
By Aislinn Simpson
Last Updated: 1:55am BST 23/04/2008

A builder who was not paid for the £22,000 porch and conservatory he built for a customer has taken revenge by demolishing his own handiwork.

Nigel Gray, who is self employed, repeatedly asked Anita Dovey for payment for the improvements he made to her terraced council house.

But after falsely claiming her husband had died, then sending him a cheque that bounced, she failed to respond to his pleas.

This week, Mr Gray took decisive action and, with the backing of the local council, set about the porch and conservatory he built with an 18lb sledgehammer.


“It gave me a great deal of satisfaction to watch them come crumbling down - but it was also galling to see my own work destroyed,” said Mr Gray. “Mine is a little company, and I’ve had to deal with a £22,000 deficit at one of the worst times of the year. I’ve taken a massive hit. Meanwhile, she’s been lounging around in my conservatory, loving it.

“It looked absolutely stunning, if I do say so myself. To see it on the floor like a bomb had gone off was upsetting. But I’d rather that than let her enjoy the fruits of my unpaid labour.”

As Mr Gray laid waste to the front of her house, in Shoreham-by-Sea in West Sussex, Mrs Dovey watched television in her living room.

She brought in his firm, Nigel Gray Windows and Conservatories - which has been operating for 22 years and has gained a good reputation with clients - to install a large conservatory at the rear of her house in December.


During construction, she asked Mr Gray to add a porch to the front. Once the job was done, he spent months sending payment reminders and eventually threatening legal action, but to no avail.

Mr Gray, who has a wife and four children, said: “I’ve lost a hell of a lot of money out of this woman. I’m on my own.

“If she had picked a multi-national company, they might have been able to write off a debt like that, but not me.

“In fairness to the council, they gave me their full backing to tear down the work - and even told me to leave the rubble on her doorstep.”


Mrs Dovey refused to comment on the debacle.

A spokesman for West Sussex County Council said: “Council tenants are allowed to make improvements to their homes. Unfortunately in this case, the private agreement has gone wrong. Mrs Dovey will be billed the cost of returning the property to its original state.”

0 comments: