CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

The Graveyards Of Omaha


Graveyards Of Omaha
Welcome to the Graveyards of Omaha. I would like this to be the definitive site for information and history on Omaha itself and the cemeteries of eastern Nebraska and western Iowa, and it will be as comprehensive as it can be.

I now live in Bellevue, within walking distance of Bellevue Cemetery, which I thought was a remarkable coincidence.I began this site with the idea, initially, of posting some individual histories and a few photos of the graveyards and small family cemeteries that I had always been interested in here in Omaha. It has long since been expanded to include every cemetery in the Omaha/Bellevue/Council Bluffs area, and will eventually include any and all of the graveyards I run across, no matter where they are. The greatest concentration will be in eastern Nebraska/western Iowa, since those are closest to my home. I would like to add interment lists as I get the time to do the smaller graveyards, but this is a dream that may take awhile to accomplish. I expect that this will be an ongoing project for a long, long time, so you might want to bookmark this site.

I will track down death certificates, burial information, photos of markers or plots, family history, etc., in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area, for a fee. If you need any of those services, please contact me for details. I am currently trying to finish my Masters degree, so I may not have the time but will let you know.

I will also gladly accept photos from other cemeteries in any locale, family stories, history, and biographies and photos of the people whose markers appear on this website; anything that you might have that pertains to a graveyard on this list, or a new one. I’ll see that your name is posted as the contributor. I am also especially interested in hearing anything on Sperling Gardens or Fisher Farm.

0 comments: