CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Stiff of the Week: Marlene Dietrich


"A man would prefer to come home to an unmade bed and a happy woman than to a neatly made bed and an angry woman."

Full Name:
Marie Magdalene Dietrich

DOB/DOD:
12-27-1901 Schöneberg, a district of Berlin, Germany.(We were born the same day!!)
05-06-1992 passed away in her sleep in her Paris Apt.
She is Buried in Friedhof III,Berlin-Friedenau, Germany

Claim to fame:
a German-born American actress, singer and entertainer. She is regarded as the first German actress to become successful in Hollywood.
Throughout her long career, Dietrich constantly re-invented herself, starting as a cabaret singer, chorus girl and film actress in 1920s Berlin, she became a Hollywood movie star in the 1930s, a World War II frontline entertainer, and finally an international stage show performer from the 1950s to the 1970s, eventually becoming one of the entertainment icons of the 20th century. The American Film Institute ranked Dietrich No. 9 amongst the Greatest Female Stars of All Time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just stumbled across your blog here today- outstanding! I think you & I would get along just fine- I'm an artist and a musician-my name's Mark & I do a lot of funny Photoshop stuff- I have a Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/25042554@N06/?deleted=2464417856

Look past the 1st page & you'll see the funnier ones. E-mail me at mhays8100#yahoo.com